Friday, December 26, 2008


Merry Christmas and a happy Boxing Day

To those of us from the more civilized societies Boxing Day is the day after Christmas and is both an excuse for another day off and a name for the day after christmas when you finaly escape the loving embrace of your family

Boxing Day is supposedly named for the Victorian era habit of boxing up left over christmas goodies and generously bestowing half rotted food on the poor and benighted. Those victorians were a generous lot to be sure. Atleast they gave us another paid holiday to go shopping on, sorry my american freinds that protestant work ethic really bites doesn't it.

Speaking of Boxing Day, its Canada's equivelent to black friday, everybody and her pet poodle goes shopping on this day in Canada. Well except for me, I refuse to partake in this particular form of mass hysteria. I am fully stocked with diet coke and food and can not fore see the need to stick my nose out the door though it has warmed up to a balmy -12C.

So have a beautiful Boxing day and my american cousins don't hate us because we are beautiful, hate us for being lazy lol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home