Wednesday, May 13, 2009


Okay so in the interest of not taking over Chris's Blog I will post my dumb ass drunk story on my own blog (as well as upping my post count)

It was when I was about 25, I met an old school Friend in the bar and both being a little wild and wacky we started hard at it. I wanted whiskey he wanted tequila so I ordered a round of 3 whiskies, 3 tequila's and a beer. He bought the second round I remember that much however much of the rest of the evening I have been told about. Apparently I was making "snow angels" on the bar floor and I fell over in the bar hit a table and put a 7 stitch cut over my right eye. Apparently I was leaning against the side of the bar playing with my cut and making the bouncers go green. My other Friend loaded me into a taxi and took me off to the hospital.

I came to in the cab and remember walking into emergency, where the attending nurse was my parents next door neighbour. I layed down on the table and the doctor came in and told me how many stitches I needed and asked if wanted a local anesthetic? I told him that I probably had enough anti-freeze running through my body that I could for go the pleasure.

The doctor put some surgical cloths over my face, I think to escape my alcohol breath. He then proceeded to do his job. It is kind of a surreal feeling to be blind folded and fully aware as someone sticks a needle in your forehead and slowly pulls a string through your skin.

I get back to the apartment I share with my brother about 3am, I got out of bed at 7am and my brother gave me a ride to work(I was in no shape to drive). I walked into my fathers office and sit down in one of his guest chairs and he takes one look at me and says he doesn't think I am in any shape to be at work. I agreed whole heartily and my brother gives me a ride home again

1 week later I am in front of a mirror with nail clippers and a pair of tweezers removing the stitches myself vowing never to drink tequila ever again. I have kept that vow

The real kicker to the whole story the day I showed up drunk in my dad's office was December the 24th. Helluva Christmas present dad lol

1 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Snow angels on the bar floor? Now THAT needs to be on youtube!

I have to give you kudos for going to work at all. I think open wounds warrant an automatic "call in dead" day.

3:36 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home