Tuesday, March 28, 2006


Whats the worst thing about Manitoba......................You can watch your dog run away from home for 3 days.

Seriously though, why would you want to trade in these vistas for the concrete canyons of a big city. Passing through one concrete,steel and glass box after another, to me that would be like living in a zoo .......As one of the exhibits. Or maybe an anthill analogy would be more appropriate. How many of you out there are like me, I have no desire to go to New York City, L.A. or London. To live there for me would be torture, every where you went there would already be somebody there. No privacy, no solitude, no way to live.

I guess some people are born to be herd animals and some are born to be mavericks, intent on going their own way. I have always been a maverick for as far back as I can remember. No I haven't a big head, I know some of you are now thinking that I am projecting myself out to be some hero or a "rebel with out a cause", but I am not. Nothing could be further from the truth, my life would be easier and more comfortable if I fit in with a group...........Any group. I just do not care what other people think, my clothes are always out of style except by shear coincidence. My haircut, while popular among my fellow constructionistas, was not chosen for its style it was chosen because I can not stand my hair and shaving my head is too much work. Trucks are popular now as vehicles but I was driving one before they were popular and I drive them because they suit my size as well as my personality.

Not caring what people think is very liberating, I own a piece of shit house that wouldn't impress anyone, but its paid for and has been for some number of years. If I gave a shit what you thought I would have had to buy a bigger fancier house and I would be up to my ass in mortgages and credit cards. Instead except for the interest free loan for the new truck by the end of the year I will be completely debt free. And if push comes to shove I can always walk away from that one, as it is only secured by the truck.

I am being introspective these days. Though why I share it on here I have no idea, probably because I have no one else to share it with.

The life of a maverick can be awful hollow, which is probably why few ever stick it out.

Anyways sooner or later I will get tired of the navel gazing and maybe I can remember the good parts of my life.

4 Comments:

Blogger TLP said...

I think I do understand why some folks like to live in a sparsely populated area. I don't want to live in a big place like N.Y.or L.A. (I did like in a suburb of L.A. for a while.), but I love London.

I guess I like activity. But I can gaze at my navel and contemplate the universe as well.

2:15 p.m.  
Blogger razorbeck said...

The closest i ever came to any of those three cities is switching planes in Heathrow. They might be perfectly nice places but i am not a cat of the concrete jungle

2:31 p.m.  
Blogger Christine said...

You're beginning to talk to "old" for such a young man.

7:45 p.m.  
Blogger Angel said...

I am a transplant from the concrete jungle here to no mans land. Ugggg! I can't even say it without feeling trapped and isolated. In the city you can walk to the store or to the park. Here in Harmony (geeky name) NC I have cows and feilds to look at.
I enjoy watching my navel. It has become something to do. LOL

6:26 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home