Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The devil is in the details.

Surprise surprise surprise Chris wants details LOL

Okay here goes

October is my idea, she wanted me to come earlier but I thought about it and I decided October was best

Why October
It gives her the summer with her kids with out me sticking my size 12's in the middle
Its good for me as well, its a very busy year at work and the family needs my help
It also leaves her September to get her kids settled into school
It gives me more of an opportunity to save some more cash
October is a good month to travel, university kids are back in school so they aren't traveling, summer vacations are over so even those that ran theirs a little late aren't traveling either, too early for Christmas traveling and people just don't seem to travel in October so things should be cheaper.
Work should be wrapping up then and no new projects starting, it is after all the herald to winter in Canada.
To me Irish winters are mild and enjoyable if a wee bit lacking in sunlight and a little damp.

October was not just a date I pulled out my arse, I considered it and that seemed to be the best time. Its a hard thing to wait for but after 2 failed starts I want it to be right because every one knows in baseball, three strikes and you are out.

My intention is very much to move there and get to know her and her kids better, to see if we can make a go of it and if we can then to start the necessary steps to get a job. I have had a job since I was 15, I can't imagine not having one. Their construction industry is a lot different then ours though, smaller more compact. I have a nack for finding my self a place and the intelligence to exploit any openings so I look forward to the challenge. As well I can probably work via computer for the family firm, most of what I do now is on it anyways.

She is as free as she wants to be, she will not appreciate that line, but it seems to me in this day and age we are all as free as we want to be. Even Chris in her blog shows us that she is as free as she wants to be and where she is, is where she chooses to be.

We will give it one more opportunity and then I guess if it doesn't work its best we leave it be

to have loved and lost is better than to never have loved at all
but
to love unrequited is to live a thousand little deaths

So there you go all the news that's fit to print

2 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Good for you for putting your money where your mouth is. You have a lucky lady but I am sure she knows that. Too many guys are all talk and no action but you aren't jerking around with her feelings, you know what you want and you are set to prove it.
Good luck to you both!!!

11:48 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

11:24 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home