Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Okay so I have tried to put a humorous spin on things like so many of you successfully do, but at what I fail miserably so I will just get on with getting on

Time off - the two most magical words in the english language! Wish I knew what they meant, as many of you know it was Canadian Thanksgiving last weekend and being a good Canadian boy errr man I was supposed to be having a 3 day weekend. Well it didn't work out so well for me as I ended up working 6 hours Saturday, 4 hours Sunday and 9 hours Monday. so I will end up working at least 13 days straight for a grand total of 144 hours. Yeah boo hoo cry me a river I know we all work hard but I am a man so I just had to have a wine with my cheese

Soul it is interesting you mention fishing as I used to do quite a lot of it. when I was young and wise and it was summer almost every weekend was spent on lake giving fish fat lips. But alas my fishing partner got married once or twice and neither of his wives approved of me lol. I have no idea why as we just went fishing, didn't drink didn't chase loose women we just went and had a quiet time fishing, oh well anyways since I lost my fishing partner I don't really go anymore but still have all my tackle. Oh we don't have bass up here, well maybe a few smallies, but the fish we do have if you are silly enough to stick your fingers in their mouths, you have no one but yourself to blame for the trip to the emergency room. There is nothing quite as soothing is sitting on a boat at dawn on a lake as smooth as glass and nothing but the sound of birds while you cast a lure in on a sand bar waiting for the big one. And then every one else wakes up and has to spoil it.

Anyways if you have the time and the resources fly in fishing is an excellent way to spend a week in August and you can get onto lakes that might see less than a hundred fishermen a year and catch pike that have teeth longer than a wolf and are twice as mean

Many a quiet dawn I would push out the boat from shore all alone, and I wouldn't even start the motor so it didn't disturb the peace, and spend a lazy hour catching fish 200 feet from my buddies cabin on the lake. He never knew it but when I got up to go fishing then for that hour I hoped he stayed in bed. that was my hour to spend alone with the lake, reflecting on the quiet majesty of a bright summers morning when the only one making noise was me and the only noise I was making was the whirring of the line as I cast out searching for the fish.

Oh well that's me being nostalgic!

Work is going nuts and I don't actually have a handle on how much work I have on hand so I am in the unenviable position of deciding to look for more work which I might not be able to do or not looking for work and having the whole place come to a crashing stop.

Some days I envy bureaucrat's as they know exactly how the next 30 years of their life is going to go. then again I thrive on the stress and energy of confrontation and overcoming obstacles.

Sheesh this is the longest post I have written in a long time I think I have verbal diarrhea

3 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Sounds relaxing, If fish weren't so slimey and I didn't have to put live things on hooks, I might try it myself.
Naaaaa.

4:23 p.m.  
Blogger razorbeck said...

lol the only thing you like to keep on hooks is men lmao

5:05 p.m.  
Blogger Christine said...

Yeah,,,you know me well already.

11:50 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home