Friday, October 26, 2007


Okay so you want an update huh


Well the man that gave up hitch hiking apparently broke two bones in his hand and had to have the tendons surgically re-attached to his thumb but is otherwise hale and hearty! And guess what???? I was right it was all my fault just like I figured! Now I have at least 2 government departments breathy hot stinky goobers down my back, all because I have so many employees I play chicken with their lives. I run the safest ship I can but I can not protect against bad luck and stupidity any more than they can legislate against it. I swear they won't be happy till I have 1 safety guy for every employee. Does anyone know where I can buy dozers and hoes with 2 seats?


On the employee front i hired 5 more and lost 2 so that leaves me at +3 at least till Monday when I see who doesn't come in


And Ireland? No i have done something so repugnant that i will never be welcome there again so don't hold your breath on the invitations. But its a lovely place and you shouldn't need an excuse to go as the people are friendly, they even like americans and every one has a cousin from Toronto. Just do yourself a favour if you are going to go to northern Ireland go in June, July and August can be a little dicey up there.


If you find yourself in Antrim Town, County Antrim go to Church Street to a wee pub called the Viscount Oneil's and tell them the Sean the big guy from Canada says hi. Same thing if you go to the Junction 1 Outlet mall in Antrim go to the Starbucks and if Bridget is still the Manager tell her I say hi as well. Its been more than 2 years but i do tend to leave an impression.


Go to the Giants Causeway its worth seeing even if its not worth going to see, especially as they are about to let a developer ruin the whole place.


In fact if I was to spread my wisdom I would say if you want to see northern Ireland go in the next 2 years or don't go at all! Its about to be "discovered" by tourists and it will loose its quiet charm and friendliness.


I almost pity the place as its about to be over ran with a human wave of bawling kids and rude tourists and will be forever changed. I am glad I seen it when it was still pristine. well relatively speaking


Don't worry about renting a car as the public transport is reasonably cheap and clean and besides parking's a bitch there


Well that's enough from me kiddos or at least Chris as my wee blog is almost a private conversation with myself

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Screw that. WHAT DID YOU DO? Maybe I'll try to get to North Ireland in the next year or so. Might visit during a whole UK adventure. I loved dublin and took some tours out of there.

2:24 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

another update please...you can at least do one a month hon!

4:28 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home