Monday, February 06, 2006



This is the View from the headland at the Giant's Causeway, Port Rush, County Antrim, Northern Ireland.

One of the few touristy type spots in Northern Ireland as they do not have a well developed tourism industry as yet, but as soon as people can be sure they will not get involved in sectarian violence then I am sure it will be developed. The giants causeway is located in the centre of the picture and is only accessible by foot or by seasonal bus. It is approximately a 2 mile walk down to a natural rock formation that appears to be well fitted bricks. It is the legend that goes with these rocks that makes it interesting and hopefully I can get more images to load and show you them

Note: if I were you I would go in June as July and August can be politically turbulent there, but if you ever want to see a riot help yourself

2 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Very pretty and the story is lots of fun too!

1:29 p.m.  
Blogger razorbeck said...

I do not know the name of the castle but it is situated on the shore of Lough Neah just outside of Antrim town in county Antrim. At the time I was there in June 2005 there was a festival held on site part of which was a renaisance exibition set up around the castle ruins. I believe it is owned by the Oneals but I could be wrong

6:09 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home